Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Better late than never...






Apparently a lot of my friends' parents start doing this stuff a lot earlier, but lets face it, my parents aren't like most!



Mommy and Daddy found out all about me in late March. Man were they surprised! They'll learn I'll keep on surprising them the rest of my life. From what I can hear, they seem to be pretty excited.



Although I've always known, Mommy and Daddy just found out that I am a boy. Wait, scratch that, I'm a man (as Daddy would say)! Apparently my name is Marco Romeo DeGiusti, III... I'm still not sure how to say it all quite right, but it sounds pretty cool! I know Dad is stoked to have a namesake. And Mom seems to call me something different everyday...some days it's Marco, some it's Tripp and sometimes it's just 3 (just like the late, great Dale Earnhardt - whoever he is).



I'm a whopping 21 weeks old now, only 19 more weeks left in this dark place! I have ears so I can hear everything loud and clear now. I'm not sure what these Oklahoma Sooners are, but I'm pretty sure it's all Dad ever talks to me about. It's usually followed by Mom talking about some things called the Kansas Jayhawks. I have a feeling I'm going to lead a really confused life... And whatever football is, my Dad is obsessed with it so I bet I will be too.



Besides my ears, at Mom's last appointment the doctor said all my tests (I didn't even know I was taking any) have been completely normal and that I am on track to be a healthy baby boy. I guess in this thing called the ultrasound, they could see me playing with my feet. It will be really cool to check these things out in the daylight. Until then, I really enjoy doing somersaults. I've started to hiccup a lot lately and I'm really working out my arms and legs too. It makes Mommy laugh, but Daddy is upset because he can't feel me yet... Don't worry Dad, I'm working out everyday and you'll feel me soon enough!



19 weeks seems like an eternity, I'm ready to get out of this place, but Mom says I'm not done cooking yet. I can tell I have a really awesome family to meet once I escape complete with Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins (3 boys to beat up on me and 1 girl to show me how to kick their butts in karate)! I can't wait!!



I need to go for now, I'm trying to figure out how to jump rope with this cord thing that's in here. I'll try to give you all an update again next week.


Love,

Marco Romeo DeGiusti, III (Tripp)



5 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I had a tear in my eye just thinking about how precious babies are. Glad you are sharing all of this with us. Take care baby Marco-tell your mom and dad to rest up while you're still in the dark! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3,#1 says come a runnin

    ReplyDelete
  3. aherring7@yahoo.comJuly 8, 2009 at 11:25 AM

    That is really neat! Congratulations to the two of you. He will keep you very busy! Wait until he starts doing his own stunts!:) Take care of mommy baby Marco - she will need all the rest she can get before you arrive. Be sure to do some jumping jacks along with jumping rope! I see a Jayhawk in training! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a heads up little guy, Mom and Dad divided their Christmas tree between Sooners & Jayhawks.....so what do you think they will do to you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to tell you the last time you made a post, but I LOVE the name Tripp...Ash would have been Tripp if it wasn't for his father's name. Couldn't have a Skip and Tripp!

    ReplyDelete